- Ryan Blaney started 20th and finished 14th in Saturday”s NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway. The driver of the Advance Auto Parts Ford Mustang ran just outside the top-10 the entire day.
- Blaney drove his way up to 11th by the lap 25 competition caution. He reported to crew chief Todd Gordon the Advance Auto Parts Ford was loose on entry and center and tight on exit. He would pit for right-side tires and fuel on lap 26. After restarting seventh, he would fall back to 13th by lap 45. Blaney would regain a couple positions lost on the restart to come home with an 11th-place finish in Stage 1. He pitted under the stage break for four tires and changes.
- Stage 2 ran caution free with Blaney restarting in the 12th position. He reported the balance of the Advance Auto Parts Ford Mustang was tight on exit. He pitted on lap 187 for four tires and a wedge adjustment. After restarting in 16th position, Blaney finished in 15th-position at the end of Stage 2 and got the free pass back on to the lead lap under the stage caution.
- Blaney restarted the final stage of the race in 13th place. Still battling much of the same balance issues he had all day, he made his final stop on lap 253 for four tires and a stagger adjustment. The driver of the Advance Auto Parts Ford crossed the line in 14th, one lap down to the leaders.
- Blaney sits seventh in the NASCAR Cup Series standings, 203 points behind Harvick, the series leader, entering Sunday”s race at Dover. Blaney will start from the seventh position on Sunday.
Quote: “We struggled with the balance of our Advance Auto Parts Ford Mustang. Todd (Gordon) and the crew made a bunch of good changes all day, but we just could not get the balance where we needed it. We”ll get to work overnight and be ready to go tomorrow.”