- Ryan Blaney Family Foundation commissions Gateway Bronco to build custom 1974 FordBronco
- The Foundation is headed by star NASCAR driver Ryan Blaney, a third-generation racer and a multi-time NASCARrace winner and playoffcontender
- Blaney Bronco to be sold at 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction for theAlzheimer’sAssociation
- 0L V8 from Ford Performance, all new body, wheels and full leatherinterior
CHARLOTTE, NC. – April 12, 2019 – The Ryan Blaney Family Foundation, which is headed by rising NASCAR star Ryan Blaney, has commissioned Gateway Bronco to build a one-of-a-kind 1974 Ford Bronco that will be sold at Barrett-Jackson’s 2020 Scottsdale Auction to support the Alzheimer’s Association. Based on an entirely new body, the reimagined classic Bronco includes a contemporary Ford drivetrain, updated suspension, custom interior and heritage styling.
At 25-years-old, Ryan Blaney is a key pillar of NASCAR’s youth movement and an important part of Team Penske’s championship-winning NASCAR program. In 2018, Blaney had a strong season including a victory at the inaugural ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Blaney finished 10th in the standings with career bests in top-five finishes, top-10 results, poles and laps led.
Brimming with enthusiasm, passion and talent, 2019 marks Blaney’s eighth season with Team Penske and his second season racing full-time for them. Blaney returns to the No. 12 team driving a Ford Mustang in the NASCAR Cup Series.
“We’re thrilled to collaborate with Gateway Bronco on this charitable fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association,” said driver Ryan Blaney. “We commissioned Gateway Bronco for this project because of the superior quality, engineering precision, extreme care, and incredible craftsmanship we have seen in the 1966-77 Broncos they have created. We love how the Gateway Broncos combine vintage styling with modern tech. We believe the sale of this Ford Bronco will raise an incredible amount of money to fund research that will help eradicate a horribledisease.”
Blaney is so focused on raising awareness around and generating research funding for Alzheimer’s because his grandfather, Lou Blaney, passed away from Alzheimer’s in 2009. Lou Blaney is a Hall of Fame dirt track racing legend with over 600 wins and was the person who started the Blaney family inracing.
“Every classic Bronco rolling out of our Heartland facility is special to the person who commissioned it,” said SethBurgett, CEO of Gateway Bronco.“But this one for the Ryan Blaney Family Foundation has really captured our hearts. I have dedicated my career to improving the quality of life thru robotic medical devices in neurology and cardiology. These inventions in the medical field helped fund the establishment of Gateway Bronco, so it’s fitting that we’re joining the fight against Alzheimer’s through the sale of a one-off classic SUV.”
A long-time Ford Bronco fan, Blaney currently owns a 1985 model. He has spent a great deal of time working with the Gateway Bronco team to spec out his vision of the ultimate classic SUV.
Starting with an all new body built at the Gateway Bronco facility in Illinois, the team will begin the assembly process with the following engineered equipment:
- Ford 5.0L “Coyote” V8 supplied by FordPerformance
- 6 speed automatic transmission controlled by Fordelectronics
- A canyon carving 4-link suspension with Fox coil over shocks and four-wheel discbrakes
- Stainless exhaust with catalytic converters and proprietary tunedmufflers
- GT350 sport steeringwheel
- Power steering, windows and doorlocks
- Air conditioning, heated seats, leather interior, wool carpet and back upcamera
- An original Bronco hardtop with sliding soft top convertibleroof
- One-of-a-kind paint scheme designed with Ryan Blaney using PPG’s award winning Deltron® refinishsystem
- Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT tires available exclusively at DiscountTire
- Sleek, custom wheels provided by DiscountTire
The vehicle will be built in Gateway Bronco’s state-of-the-art 60,000 square foot manufacturing center and come with an industry leading 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. One of the largest restorers of the first- generation Bronco, Gateway can produce between two and four vehicles a month and meets the Certified Reconditioned Vehicle standards established by Ford. For more information, visit www.gatewaybronco.comand follow them on Facebook at Gateway Bronco.
“Our Family Foundation supports causes close to us and we wanted to bring a personal element to our fundraising efforts,” said Blaney. “Designing and producing a one-of-a-kind vehicle is great given my passion for the Ford Bronco. Working with key partners, which include Ford Performance, BODYARMOR Sports Drink, Discount Tire, Goodyear and PPG, this project will receive a great deal of visibility. We’re confident those efforts will lead to a very successful auction at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in January 2020. We’ll update the public on each phase of construction throughout the summer with a short film to bereleased each month and a formal unveil of the finished SUV at the NASCAR throwback race inDarlington on September 1 as a pace car for therace.”
About Ryan Blaney Family Foundation
Established in 2018, the Ryan Blaney Family Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to supportingcauses that personally impacted the Blaney family. For more information on the Foundation or to make a donation to help fund this project, visit www.RyanBlaneyFamilyFoundation.org and follow on social media: