- Ryan Blaney started fourth and finished 35th in the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Blaney took the lead from pole sitter Kyle Busch on lap 16 and led twice for 100 laps – the first laps he’s led in a Cup race at Bristol.
- On lap 47, the race was stopped for 25 minutes due to brief rain shower.
- The only pit stop of the race for the No. 12 team came on lap 56. Blaney reported the REV Ford Fusion was tight in the center and loose off. Crew chief Jeremy Bullins called for a track bar adjustment to go with four tires and fuel.
- With just eight laps remaining in Stage 1, race leader Blaney was catching a pack of lapped traffic. Two cars made contact causing a third car to slide up the track in front of the No. 12’s path. The damage proved to be too significant, bringing an end to the day for Blaney.
Quote: “I didn’t see much to be honest with you. By the time I could see anything they were already turned right and there was nowhere to go. Seeing the replay it looked like people not that were not cleared were clearing themselves and then wrecking and taking the leader out and that’s unfortunate. Our car was pretty good. We just got held up there. We might not have been as strong at the end of that run, but I thought we could have at least held on for that stage and never got the chance. The positives you look at is that we had a good car and that’s something to hold your head high about.”