- Ryan Blaney started ninth and finished sixth in Saturday night’s Coke Zero Sugar 400 at the Daytona International Speedway. The driver of the BODYARMOR Ford Mustang managed a couple late race restarts to bring home his 11th top-10 finish of 2020.
- Blaney would fall back from his ninth starting position to 16th when the competition caution waived on lap 20. Blaney would pit on lap 22 for right side tires and fuel. After restarting 22nd he would work with teammate Joey Logano, driving his way up to fourth when Stage 1 concluded on lap 50.
- Blaney would restart 20th after routine service and topping off for fuel. He and his fellow Fords would then go into fuel conservation mode to run the entire stage without pitting. After running as high second, he would finish Stage 2 in the ninth position
- The final stage began with Blaney restarting 29th after routine service and topping off for fuel. He would drive his way back into the top-five by lap 125. He would pit on lap 131 for fuel only and managed to avoid multiple wrecks in the closing lap to come home with a sixth-place finish.
- Blaney will begin the NASCAR Playoffs as the seventh seed beginning next Sunday night at Darlington Raceway.
Quote: “It was a solid night for our Strawberry/Banana BODYARMOR Ford Mustang team. We managed to stay out of trouble all night and bring home a solid finish. Proud of everybody on this team and now we will set our sights on the NASCAR playoffs.”