- Ryan Blaney finished 19th in Saturday’s night race at Richmond Raceway. The driver of the Menards/Libman Ford Mustang battled a tight car most of the night to come home with a top-20 finish.
- Blaney started 15th and made his way up to 11th by lap 5 but fell back to 14th at the time of the competition caution on lap 30. He reported to crew chief Todd Gordon the Menards Ford was too tight in the center of the corners.
- The driver of the No. 12 Mustang pitted on lap 33 for four tires and a track bar adjustment. Unfortunately, Blaney would have to make a second pit stop to tighten loose lug nuts. He restarted 33rd on lap 37 and made his way to 25th when Stage 1 concluded on lap 80.
- Blaney would restart 21st when Stage 2 began on lap 89. He reported slight improvements to the balance of the Menards Ford. Unfortunately, the loss in track position would hinder Blaney as he fell a lap down to the leaders and would finish 20th when Stage 2 concluded on lap 235.
- The final stage began with Blaney restarting one lap down in 19th position. He would make his final pit stop on lap 341 and would cross the line in 19th position at the race’s conclusion.
- Blaney remains 16th in the NASCAR Playoffs, 109 points behind leader Kevin Harvick heading into next week’s cutoff race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Quote: “Tough night for our Menards/Libman team. We have to win next weekend. It is pretty plain and simple. It is our goal every week to win the race but now it is our season on the line. We will see if we can get it done. We have been pretty close at Bristol before, it is just a matter of trying to put a whole race together there.”